The Fiscal Policy Agency of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia (FPA), supported by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), will organize an article competition as a part of 2017 Annual International Forum on Economic Development and Public Policy “Riding The Waves of Technological Changes: The Way Forward to Drive Productivity and Alleviate Inequality”. The Forum proposes to capture current and future technological developments that can contribute to economic development, productivity, growth, and household incomes. Technological advances are expected to improve economic efficiency and effectiveness, not only for the global economy, but also the domestic economy, including the people who are still working in the traditional economy. Therefore, technological changes offer an opportunity to promote a more equitable growth.
To capture the aspiration of Indonesian youth, the Forum welcomes fresh thoughts and ideas by way of a writing contest. The current young generation will be our future entrepreneurs, our next scientists, and tomorrow’s policy maker. Thus, their thinking and mindset need to feed into the policy of today to support the next generation of development planning. The ideas and innovations of young people to can help strengthen understandings of how technology can support economic development across topics such as trade and industry both in rural and urban areas. Beside that, policies on how to optimize the absorption of technology, including support for the adaption and transformation of traditional businesses, are needed to ensure an inclusive modern economy.
Theme of Article Writing:
"Tech-Indonesia: The Role of Technology toward Indonesia-2045" Past, Present and Future
- Traditional Market
- Labor Market
- Digital Economy
Terms of Writing:
Download Author’s CV, signed permission form, signed copyright form
- Open to all Indonesians with aged no more than 24 years old
- An active undergraduate student
- The competition is not open to government officials, people who work for the government institutions, or those who are direct family members of staff of the Ministry of Finance
- The article should be an individual work. Entries on behalf of another person and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The article length is a minimum of 1250 words and a maximum of 1500 words
- The article should be written in English.
- The article has to cover the past, the present and the future of the related topic.
- The article can be supported by relevant visual aid (graphs, tables, photos, and so on).
- The article must must not have been published before in any other publication (including on websites), must not promote your own or third party goods or services or include any trade marks and must not promote inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to any third party.
- Submission is opened on October 2nd 2017 at 10 a.m. and the deadline is October 13th 2017 at 2 p.m.
Your submission should include:
- The article and supporting documents should be sent as PDF files.
- When choosing the winners, the judges will look for the best articles which contain a unique angle and a relevant story. The jury's decision is final and inviolable. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other materials. The committee accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize.
- All submitted articles will be owned as Fiscal Policy Agency.
Winner of the Competition:
- Ten (10) winners will be notified by the committee by telephone and/or by email.
- The winners will be invited to attend the 2017 Annual International Forum on Economic Development and Public Policy "Riding The Waves of Technological Changes: The Way Forward to Drive Productivity and Alleviate Inequality" in Nusa Dua, Bali from 7 - 8 December 2017
The followings will be provided to each winner:
- Accommodation for the period of the event; Domestic airfare returning from and to the city of origin in Indonesia; Allowances
- Goody Bag
- An interview for a video to be aired during the seminar*
- Introduction meeting with officials from FPA and ADB
*to be confirmed
Click here to submit an article
Article submission will be opened soon!
Enter your email here to get the latest updates!